"" Lulu's Sandbar: Lazy Daze
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lazy Daze

So - it was recon day at the 32nd Annual Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival! I checked out every booth for the booth setup and the types of work, the many artists, what is selling, the pricing, etc.

Very informative, as I was looking at the artists in an entirely different manner than when I'm simply checking out the goods. It was very interesting to see how the various artists were interacting with everyone else - not only with potential customers, but with other artists and with the general population flow up and down the streets.

So many different types of booth setups as well. There are sidewalks on the back side of every booth - some artists were making better use of them than others, by hanging work on the back, keeping their director chairs either at the front to sit and chat, or through a small opening into the back of the booth.

Lots of jewelry, pottery, woodwork, photography, fine art painting, glasswork.

I saw only one booth with mixed media works, and it seemed to be pretty busy, with good prices - hope the artist does well!

It inspired me and overwhelmed me at the same time.....just another challenge for the inner artist...

No comments: