"" Lulu's Sandbar: ARRGHGHGHGHGHGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! MORE quotes!
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Friday, October 9, 2009

ARRGHGHGHGHGHGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! MORE quotes!

Yarrr, it's time for the pirate birthday party! The giant inflatable pirate ship bouncy house, the millions of cheap plastic pirate / Halloween toys for the treasure chest, the yummy cupcakes and pirate ship cake.....and of course, adult bevvies for the pirate worker bees after the festivities.

(slurps Starbucks pumpkin spice latte with 2% and no whip).

We're ready, so stop the rain any damn time, weather gods!! Can't you see this party is for the fifth birthday of wonder grandson??? Sheesh.

So anyway, speaking of talking like a pirate, my friend Aziza has sent me some quotes from the MORE Reinvention Convention, so I want to post some of my favorites over the next few days and weeks.

Yes, I KNOW it's kind of a cop out to 'best practice share' someone else's thoughts in my blog, shut up. In case you haven't read my other whines and wines, I'm a little busy right now.

So here's the first:
At Monday's More Reinvention Convention at Pier 60, Morning Joe's Mika Brzezinski led a lunchtime discussion with Nora and Delia Ephron, writers of the new play "Love, Loss and What I Wore," and More Editor in Chief Lesley Jane Seymour. Highlights from the uproarious talk include:

About Nora's worst clothing mistake: "My worst mistake was my wedding dress at my best wedding -- my third wedding. I had a permanent and I looked a little bit like a dalmation. It's heartbreaking because it was such a happy day."

And Delia's: "One out of every three things I buy is a mistake. Along with all of my tax files."

And Mika's: "They used to call me fabulous at CBS because of the shoes I wore. One day, I had on my heel and my tight skirt and a top. I was sitting, and everyone was commenting on how fabulous my shoes were. I strutted over to the bathroom and noticed that my skirt had split in the back all the way up. My butt looked like two hams. I did get fired from that job."
I loved this! I too have strutted my way across the office with such righteous pride in my appearance....and then had a split or a tear or a trip and fall or toilet paper stuck to my shoe....so funny.

Mika is great on "Morning Joe" - check it out!


6 comments:

Insanitykim said...

My lovely child is sharing all sorts of things like heavenly cheese and signing dinosaur songs, so I will try to comment relevant-style...

Um, just wanted to say man...I worked in the mall once, and walking back from the bathroom to the store, all these people were staring at me. I was struting and thinking, "man, I am HOT!" when I got back to the store, I realized a 7 foot train of toilet paper was stuck to my heel.

Wait, which table do I sit at again? *standing awkwardly with my tray of sloppy joe, green beans, orange jello and chocolate milk*

Hope your little pirate has a great bday!!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Rain, rain go away, come again some other day :-)
Hope it dries up for your party!
xo

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I hope it stops raining for your little pirate's party! Love those quotes! Funny!

Hugs!!

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

oooh party..I love parties..I like ta party......remember that commercial? My fave. Hope yours went well. If you lived close enough I would have brought you a pirate punkin! In exchange for a baggie of cheap plastic pirate paraphernalia.....and an adult bevy .....or four.

said...

Thanks for the great wishes - it worked! No rain - just a little cold, but hey, the little pirates warmed up on the pirate ship bouncy house thinger....all went well.

w said...

glad it worked out. if there's one thing a pirate hates, it's rain. and for obvious reasons. rain will sink a ship and ruin the cannons.