"" Lulu's Sandbar: Merry Happy Something Cheery
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Happy Something Cheery


So - after working, shopping, cooking, 2 Christmas parties, one employee holiday party, shopping, decorating, laundry, packing, did I mention shopping, making gifts for my employees, traveling 15 days out of the last 25, trying to refinance the mortgage, and various other issues during December - we're ready to blast off to the snowy Midwest to go home for the holidays.

We used to go home for 14 days, then 11, then 8, now down to 4.  If we don't get stuck by the weather and have to stay longer....yoiks.  It's not that I don't want to see my family - I'm just not used to the weather anymore, and because I travel for work, I'm not ecstatic about living out of a suitcase for the rest of the week.

HOWEVER; I'm not stranded, wounded, downsized, injured, sick, bankrupted, laid off, abandoned, or homeless.  

If I get stuck somewhere between here and my destination, I have family and friends and transportation and money and hope - and for all that, I'm truly gifted this year....so take back that sweater/CD/video game/candle/hockey stick/bracelet /book - ok, let me have the book - scarf/pajamas, and save the money for yourself.  

Or spend it, to keep the economy going and to save someone's job.  Or donate it.  Whatever.  Just know that you don't need to give me anything.

I have OTT (see picture) from Angie, and the complete set of Calvin and Hobbes from my employees and I have my Etsy store, my books and music and love and my tens of readers, my wonderful family and wicked smart, funny friends.

I'm good, thanks.  Couldn't take in another byte.*

Best,
Lu

*unfortunately, the one thing I don't have at mom's is internet access, so I'll catch you all on my return. :)


4 comments:

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Be safe & have fun! Enjoy your family and have a wonderful Christmas! So good to see OTT looking so svelt and happy in his new environment! Whoot!!

said...

Oh, just wait until you see all of the places that OTT will go on Christmas vacation!

Miss Yvonne said...

Have a very happy Christmas!!

Gretchen said...

Hope you had safe travels - ours was a bit tricky at times, but we stayed slow and made it in one piece.