What is a meme? According to Wikipedia, a meme is a unit of cultural ideas. Meme-ologists contend that memes evolve by natural selection through variation, mutation, competition and inheritance.
Yeah, I didn't get it either. Apparently my ideas will be so varied that they will evolve into mutated funky ideas but that's ok because I will beat everyone at games and get some money!
Ok, that's not it either. Here's the deal. My newest blogster friend Amy Kate (over there In the Quarry, see?) tagged me. (Stuff in parentheses is my meme mutation, not part of the rules. I don't think.)
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (me: check) (me again - this is not part of the rules)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (me: check)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (me: in a minute)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them (me: uh oh. what if I don't HAVE six people to link? What if I only have two? Or one? Will the circle be unbroken??)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (got it)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (yup)
1. Maybe you've guessed my first random. I like to 'look things up.' In a dictionary or on wikipedia or by reading ALL of the book from front to back - including the copyright date, the dedication and the agent / editor acknowledgements. I like to know stuff. That doesn't mean that I remember it - I just like to know it for the moment.
2. Food, paint, papers, whatever - I'm wearing it or dropping it because I'm a spiller. My staff is constantly ready to alert me to a drip or a blot and they carry cleaning agents to help me clean up. Michelle O has the Secret Service with guns and curly ear devices, I have colleagues with Shout and Tide-to-Go pens.
3. I love the smell of new books. I know, who doesn't - but I'll actually pick up books at the bookstore and take a good sniff of the pages to make sure that it will smell readerish and booky and new. Plus the edges have to be smooth. And the spine can't be cracked. Serious booking.
4. I have a freakish ability to find missing items, even if they don't belong to me. I once told my husband where to find his new daily planner by phone. From Europe. It's because I have an internal lost item GPS - also known as 'a uterus.'
5. Wasps and bees don't frighten me - I'll slap that wasp silly with my bare hand and crush it beneath my stiletto. Bees - have to leave them alone, especially honey bees. They're going through a weird cultural transformation or something - colonies of honey bees keep disappearing and it will really affect our food chain. Really! You can look it up.
6. At home, I will only eat using our yellow plates. We have nice Fiesta ware-type dishes, with bright colors. ONLY the yellow. Not the blue or the green or the red. I'll wash it every night before dinner.
So - enough about MEme.
How about you?
W and Amber and Ang and the sublime Miss Y?
Wendi, because we luuuuuv bacon, Amber and Angie because I found you both in such a random fashion - and because you've probably been tagged before and can just copy/paste - and Yo Mama? Because you rock, baby - we need to know more about you!