"" Lulu's Sandbar: Appeasing the Job Fates
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Appeasing the Job Fates

I LOVE MY JOB!  I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!

(I hope that was good enough...it's about all that I can muster on this rainy Sunday).

Why is it that no matter how old I get, the final day of Christmas vacation still makes me feel that I have yet to start that 15 page, single-spaced Honors English paper with footnotes (at the bottom of each page, not at the end in a cop-out footnote page) with at least 10 unique reference bibliographic sources, on Great Expectations: Miss Havisham - Bitter Old Maid or Early Reality TV Show Host?  And it's due at 9:05 am Monday morning.  And I've been putting it off since the end of October.

Vacation can't be over.
I still haven't listed any New Year's resolutions.  I haven't made any resolutions.  I haven't lost 10 pounds since Christmas Eve.  I haven't created 30 new items for my Etsy store - although I have started at least 15, gotta count for something.  I haven't created a personal budget for 2009, updated my resume, checked in on blackberry, caught up on 20 years of photo albums, organization and journals.  I haven't cleaned out the attic, taken a Pilates class or a spinning class.

Big.Heavy.Sighhhhh.

(New OTT photo.  Please view.  Blurriness due to photographer, not because of many Pink Fuzzy Navels consumed by the little guy.)

4 comments:

akhilesh said...

Best website links related to Online Job sites in India!


http://www.back2office.com

In order achieve success in their job search, job seekers must target a wide range of Job sites and use all the available resources. Yes, its time consuming. However, dedicating the time and energy will pay off with more and better job leads, more interviews and more job offers!

Angie Kelly Designs said...

You're so ding dang funny!!! I've had quite a New Year already with two funerals this past weekend. *Sigh* When I signed into blogland and saw your post - I laughed (really loud)! Thank you! I needed it :) Happy New Year to ya Lulu ♥ I look forward to OTT's adventures and also wish you a wonderful new year.
Huge Hugs,
Angie

Lulu said...

Ooohhh...tough weekend - my sympathies. Glad that I could cheer you up a bit :)

Amber Dawn said...

Well there you have it. Akhilesh says you can take a job in India.
????????????????????????????
Naughty little OTT. I thrink he's dunk.