"" Lulu's Sandbar: Must.....drink.....
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Must.....drink.....

...water, of course...

It's 99 degrees here today, with 110 degree heat index. Which apparently means that you need to time your egg-frying-on-the-sidewalk according to a bit stronger heat, because it feels like 110. Not 99. Because they're so different.

Right.

All I know is that I was sure happy that I took a shower and put on lotion before I went to the 5:00 pm baseball game! Let me just say that it was hard to be all clappy for the boys with the bats when I was sliding out of my seat, with all that nice lotion sweating off me. And surrounded by folks who decided to forego the shower. And the deodorant.

But hey! Here's something that will cool you off nicely! Head over to The Fifty Factor - yay!!! A Giveaway! Free Stuff! No sweating, no clunker exchange, no refinancing needed!!

My blog hipster friend Joanna has hit 100 posts and she's gifting US!

Now for that - I can be clappy and throw out a few sweaty OTTs. Go Jo!

3 comments:

diane said...

I love baseball games, as a spectator or a player. It's always been one of my favorites.
I drank a ton of water today too, and stayed close to the toilet, haha.
I'll stop by Joanna's, haven't been there yet today. Hugs. xo d

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'm just back from vacation to find your sweet shout out. THANKS LULU! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the giveaway!!!!

Now I'm off to catch up on your posts that I missed!

xoxo

The Flying Pinto said...

Hahahaha...HOT, is the story of my life...summer in Houston!! Can't wait for winter...growing up in New England, I never thought I would say those words;-)