"" Lulu's Sandbar: Don't MAKE me call your mom!!!
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Don't MAKE me call your mom!!!

This is the phrase that myfriendTeri and I use when we haven't spoken in a week or so. As in..."I haven't heard from you and I don't know where you are in the world right now - don't make me call your mom to find out because then she'll worry and then I'll worry and it will all go really really bad."

So please don't call my mom because you haven't heard from me - although she would love to hear from my fives and tens! - because then I'll be in trouble. Prolly get grounded, and I have a baseball game and Kenny Chesney to see this weekend!

Apologies to my regulars for not posting and for not getting caught up on all y'all - it's been a lackadaisical week for me....last weekend we visited the cutest grandchild ever, and then this week I've come home from work every day, I've sunk into the couch and just....clicked through the channels. Over and over. Deep in thought..........

ok, deep into reality shows really.

Which requires no thought, except to gasp, "WHO is VOTING for gawd's sake??!!" when Ishaara got voted off AGT and "Ish!" when one of the new male chefs on Top Chef makes a sexist comment, and "What is THAT??!!" for the halter diaper on Project Runway.

No cooking, no cleaning, no laundry, no blogging, no crafting.....just vegetating and mourning the end of summer.

So I'm back, and I'll try to check in all week. I promise. As long as you don't tell my mom that the dust in the house is two inches deep....

(BTW - I tried to find a cute clipart jpg of a mom shaking her finger? The number of perv sites that come up around the word 'mom' is mind-numbing.....)

10 comments:

w said...

i called your mom. we're having lunch this tuesday to discuss your childhood.

diane said...

Hey babe, forget about it. Lots of us are down to posting only once or twice a week. It's a trend, and a bit of a relief actually.
I've been doing double time with my grand daughter now that my daughter is back in school, and I haven't posted anything since Tuesday. But you know what? That's o.k., because I can always catch up with my blog, but I may never get to catch up on something I miss the first time around with a 3 year old. xo d

FoN said...

I think a lot of us are phoning it in and hiding away mourning the end of summer. Sigh. I miss it already.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm SO CALLING YOUR MOM!

LOL!!

Relax and have fun! I'll be here when you're done having fun!

Hugs!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hey, Welcome back! I was about to send out a search party-- but a grandkid is a great excuse so I won't call your mom. I will however, use the grandkid excuse next time I'm veggie out :-)

Hard to believe summer's almost over. Sigh.

xo

Insanitykim said...

I just rely on the small GPS chip I implanted in your earlobe...I know where you is...

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

I've been lackadaisical for 5 months now. Thats why I rely on your posts to keep me entertained.
Winn, am I still bringing dessert to our lunch with Lu's Mom? I can't wait to see the baby pics. Who else is coming?
Ok now I must go and get all my chores done before Big Brother comes on.

diane said...

I like Amber Dawn's attitude. 5 months must be some kind of a record or something.

said...

I love my fives and tens...actually, you're my sevens, or is it eights? Either way.....I love you man. er, dudes...um you. YOU! ALL OF YOUUUUU!!

Tell Mom I said hi.

The Flying Pinto said...

I definitely hit the wall sometimes too! I have times when I literally ask myself, "Why are you doing this?" hahaha...then something always kicks me in the but and I keep going! I love your blog, please keep blogging!!

Don't make me call your mom;-)