"" Lulu's Sandbar: Mom Called...
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mom Called...

...and told me that she enjoyed her lunch on Tuesday. :)

She also told me to get my fanny - Mom never uses the word ass. She also doesn't like 'pea' as in 'I have to...' - she told me to get my fanny off the couch and get back to blogging.

Riiiiiiiight. Mom and the internet age? Not so much....I haven't told Mom yet that I didn't send a written thank you note to a friend for an event last month...shhhh. Don't upset her any further by telling her that I sent an email instead.

Hey, one thing that did get me moving out o' the house was the Kenny Chesney concert on Sunday night - well woooo hoooooooooo!!

I have always considered myself to be a rocker chick, but concerts like that could seriously change my mind. It was really cool - at an outdoor amphitheater and the weather was great, acoustics and background videos were cool. Also fronting for him is Lady Antebellum, which I helped book for a meeting for the Huge a few years ago when they were relatively unknown and didn't even have a record label yet- omigosh!

When I waved at them from my lawn seat?

They waved back!! I'm sure they remembered me!

But anyway. It was fun and the music was good and everybody sang along. So I've got that going for me.

Hey, check out the new MORE link over there - it's about trying to take ownership of the title 'cougar.' And....I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

But - Jo from The Fifty Factor is PUBLISHED AT MORE.COM!!!!! Go check her out.

Shwew....I'm exhausted.....back to AGT.

TaTa for now, as Tigger would say. Or Save the TaTa's, as we used to say in the mammography department.

Wow. I think I just took a wrong turn in Digressionville again.....

13 comments:

Miss Yvonne said...

My best friend from high school is obsessed with Kenny Chesney. I don't get it, but I'm sure he puts on a great show. I once saw Toby Keith in concert...he was great in person, and I really hate that guy.

So...there's that.

P.S. Hi Lulu's mom! Please don't ever come over to my blog. I say way worse things than "ass".

w said...

of course she enjoyed tuesday's lunch. i bought her bacon.

also. i enjoy lady antebellum. i do not enjoy miley cyrus. wait. i do not like that i enjoy miley cyrus.

i need serious help. speaking of which, your mother told me about the time the kleenex got stuck inside your nose. i'm sorry about that.

The Flying Pinto said...

hey Lulu! I love outdoor concerts too...except here in TX...too hot: ) Glad you had a great time!

diane said...

I hate the term cougar. I think it's derogatory.
How cool is it that you got waved back to? Did anybody else see that happen? You know what they say: "If a tree falls in the forest and nobody sees it. . ."
Thanks so much for your comment today, I thought it was the funniest one. xo

Joanna Jenkins said...

The concert sounds like a blast. And OF COURSE they waved at you. I would too ;-)

THANKS for the nice shout out!!! We should be on the More Magazine payroll with all the promotion we're throwing their way.

Hi to your mom.

xo

Green-Eyed Momster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm glad you had fun at the concert! I haven't been to a concert for years.

Hugs!!

Insanitykim said...

Heh heh...your mom sounds sweet.

I once enjoyed a Kenny G concert with my sweet mom. Seriously. It was really good. I subsequently own no albums, tho...

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

I LOVE Lady Antebellum! I will go will go waller in my jealousess now till I get all pruny.

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

sorry. Apparently I have a stuttering problem. Or it could be the Limoncello....hiccup....ello.

AmyK said...

I love Kenny Concerts. I saw him the last couple of years and missed this year. It's not summer without Kenny. Glad you enjoyed it.

I will miss Pine Knob (DTE) since we moved to NC. We usually went to one concert a summer there.

said...

Miss Y - my mom would just give you a very proper Mom face and say "HUNeeeee....."

W - Umm..was the bacon crispy? And did she tell you about the time that she made me walk on a broken ankle for three days...seriously, "Just walk it off, huneee."

FP - Can you see concerts from the sky?

Diane - I think I'm with you on the cougar thing......but you wouldn't know because you're so YOUNG!

Jo - With you on the MORE thing! More giveaways would be nice...how about clothes and shoes this time??

GEM - back at you...

IK - Kenny G....ummm....I have to say, I prefer Kenny C

AMber..A-A-Am-baba...Amber! Don't be wallerin!'

AmyK - I saw Steve Martin at Pine Knob one year - didn't get there as much as I wanted to when I lived in MI...

FoN said...

Outdoor concerts are the best. I saw Stone Temple Pilots last year outside and it was FABULOUS.