"" Lulu's Sandbar: V-Day
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Friday, February 13, 2009

V-Day

With apologies to romantics.....
How do I hate thee, Valentine's Day?  Let me count the ways.  
Days in advance to get cards and prepare - 10
Days that I got home late from work and didn't buy cards - 9
Days in advance that cards and gifts need to be sent to three different states - 5
Days in advance that it was done - 0
Number of minutes spent in line at card store - 15
Number of cards bought - 15
Number of cards that will actually make it to recipients - 2
Number of minutes spent in guilt, self-bashing - 30
Number of adult bevvies needed to get over guilt - 4

Yup, 100 ways to hate this holiday.  But really, it's just a hangover from Christmas / New Year's, when I'm usually all humbuggy but was in a pretty good mood this year so I guess that the holiday gods are karmaing my butt...

Yeah, I need to keep hibernating.  with bevvies.  watching 'The Shining' on Bravo.  nothing says romantic like crazy Jack and redrum redrum REDRUM!!!

2 comments:

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Hee heeeeee! You're so hilarious. My hubby and I call it "Forced Affection Day" *snort*
Just all the pushing, pushing for you to buy "love" ~ just makes us crazy insane and well...we sorta boycott it. Its so commercialized and it just pisses us off. BAH! Pass me a bevvie please ~

Luv you loooong time :)P

Miss Yvonne said...

Dang it, I missed the Shining last night...love that movie.

Have a Happy Forced Affection Day!