"" Lulu's Sandbar: What's your Mantra?
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

What's your Mantra?

I just finished reading the O, the magazine, and there is a feature listing young women to look for in the future - actresses, poets, designers, writers, etc. - and one of the questions asked of them is - "What's your mantra?"

Which I think is a very interesting question to ask of other bloggers. Because of course, we all have something, or lots of somethings, that we want to say, state, yell, debate, argue, sob, whimper, whine, dish or otherwise...well, blog about....to an audience. (which is an awkward sentence, but the whole mom-as-grammar-instructor-thing....I can't end a sentence with a preposition.) So there must be a phrase, a statement, a directive, drive or need that makes us want to blog.

I'm very verby/nouny today. Huh. Must have been saving it up while I haven't been posting.

Anyway...I have two mantras.

One is "I choose to be happy." I know, it's very goodygoody and all. But because I'm not chemically depressed, and my life is pretty good - I choose to be happy. Which is cool, because my MarriedGeeks blogger buddies gave me an award waaaaay back in March and I just found out because I was just able to get caught up on their posts - you really really should go there if you haven't yet, btw.

So, ummmmm.......sighhhhh. You'll have to go here on their blog to find my award! Because for some reason, I cannot get images from the web to post on my blog. Really Lulu? Yes, and it's irritating to me too! I can only get it to save as a web archive page and then when I try to get the picture uploaded or downloaded I get all confused and Alicey and fall down the rabbit internet hole only to emerge hours later, sweaty and $300 poorer because I found shoes and fondue pots and couches online.....and of course I've gained weight because I drank the potion. (Umm....Alice in Bloggerland? New Name? Probably taken....)

Believe it or not, it's a sunshiney award. Go on - be happy!

Number two mantra is for another day -
Peace out, chiclets -
Lulu

6 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I would like to think my mantra is "be positive." However, sometimes I think it's actually "fuck it."

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I don't have a mantra. I should probably get one.

I like Logical Libby's comment. I say "fuck it" a lot.

Hugs!!

w said...

my mantra is... i do what i want. aka. please like me forever.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Where did your husband post go?

Hugs!!

Gretchen said...

My mantra:

Progress not perfection.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Can I get a mantra on eBay? I need one :-)

Congrats on your award-- Loved this post and your attitude Lulu.

And thanks for your kind words about my step-sister's passing. xxoxoxo

jj