"" Lulu's Sandbar: A Magical Week and Optional Toe Touches
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Magical Week and Optional Toe Touches

I'm off to the land of Mickey for a magical week - riiiiiiiiight.  I'm spending the bulk of the week at Disney for a work conference, which makes some people say luckEEEEE, but makes me want to hide at home.    I know that I need to go to these events to enhance my skills and network, and to craft new messages and upsize my potential while delivering on the essence of our corporate vision during the opening of our kimonos and thinking outside the box (that should give a big corporate BINGO shoutout to anyone else who has to use corporate-speak for a living...).

I just want to stay home and craaaaaaaaft.

On another note - I JUST MOVED FROM THE 'UNDISCOVERED' TO THE 'JUST SOLD' CATEGORY ON ETSY!!!!!!

Yes, I'm yelling.  But not at anyone, just to everyone!  I'm absurdly pleased.  One sale.  Let's see....my profit is now..mmmm....approximately - minus $1000!

Optional Toe Touch!!!  Oh yeah - my daughters were competitive cheerleaders in high school, and somehow, doing an optional toe touch (kick your foot straight up into the air with a straight leg and touch your toe) has become a celebratory gesture around our house.

(Please note: obviously, the OTT can only be performed metaphorically or privately while wearing a business suite at Huge McNormous.)

But I digress.

First Sale!!!!

I know that the supersellers are probably thinking..."Pace yourself, rookie."  All I know, is that my husband told me he was ready to spring into action as my shipping and receiving department - (for Etsy, keep it clean) - for all of my future sales.  

And that's gotta count for something.

Have a magical week, everyone.  Be safe.
Lulu

2 comments:

Angie Kelly Designs said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! Congrats on your sale Lu! Thats wonderful! It does feel awesome, right? I'm still on the newbie wagon, and I still get excited when I get a new "heart" let alone a sale. Sales make me all warm and fuzzy :)

And I love the OTT. Priceless. LOLOL

Its whimsical, its magical, its Lulu's Sandbar Woot!!
Hugs,
Ang

said...

I KNOWWWWWW.....and I came home to find another sale - woo hooooo!! 2 for 2!