"" Lulu's Sandbar: Velveeta Night
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Velveeta Night

Yippeeee!!

A third night of America's Got Talent, M is out of town, I'm just back in town and home after a partial week at McNormous HQ, and I'm back blogging.  Plus Amber put my Halloween Tin Pail on her blog - a big shout out to my color of dawn creations friend - (see her blog link in my faves).

How can you not love AGT?  I discuss it in depth with one of my employees at lunch every day --  OMG!  HOW could they put the little four-year-old girl through??  She's cute and she knows her songs - but really?  The prize is a headline show in Vegas for goodness sakes.....

Ok.....Nuttin but Strings...c'mon, c'mon..................................................YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shwew, as my niece would say.  

Anyway, this employee/colleague/friend - we talk about AGT, OCC (Orange County Chopper) Jon and Kate Plus Eight (another employee KNOWS them...luckEE), Amazing Race, Miami Ink, The Office...you name it, if it's on TV, we discuss it.  And we're not stoopid couch potatoes, it's just that - when you have to deal with corporate life, large-money decisions, employee and business decisions...it's nice to turn it off and not have to think while you're numbing your mind.

Plus it's safer to talk about tv than to discuss politics.

This is at least a decent end to a really bad week - I had to lay off two employees on Tuesday.   So I'm going to bury myself in etsy life this weekend to feel creative instead of destructive.

I know I'll never be able to quit work for my store - shoot, I might never make a sale! - but it does calgon me.
Be safe on this anniversary date, my remote friends...

3 comments:

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

Lets see, I dont know AGT, but Brittany and Lindsey are calming down and we need to breed a new destructive child to tabloid about.DOnt you just wanna punch Paul Sr right in the nose? And feel his muscles. Lets not talk about Pauly..yum. And who couldnt love Mikey? In a strictly annoying little brother kind of way? Eight is WAY too many, better them than me and I seriously think Jon and Kate have a dirty S&M thing going on. Kat VonD is awesome and so are all the others in her shop except for whiney little freeloading Pixie who belongs in the makeup artist world anyway. All in all it makes me want to get a tattoo....only in Kat's shop though. I'm sorry about your crap week. I've had a crap several months. I'm on the job hunt after 13 yrs. I cant take it there any more.

said...

AGT is America's Got Talent...you'll see me blog waaay more than I should on this in future posts. I love the cheesy, kind of homespun attitude of OCC, especially Pauly...

I love Kat and I hope that she continues her show - I wish that I had the guts to get a tattoo...I just can't commit to anything - yet - that I would want to see on my skin permanently.

Have a good weekend...

w said...

ok. i'm a bit disappointed. i clicked on this from the archives hoping to read about cheese. or at the least, something cheesy.

but not even a mouse was mentioned.