"" Lulu's Sandbar: Hell Week
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hell Week

Ohhhhh....this week is the prep week for the National Sales Meeting at Huge McNormous, and as the co-leader of a 1000-person meeting with 120 breakout sessions on 37 topics, an awards ceremony and a theme park offsite event....I'm already bezausted.  

It's truly like managing  - at any given time - 1000 junior high or high school or college students, depending on the amount of adult bevvies they've consumed.   And prepping is no fun either....poor poor Lulu. 

Even as I write that I think I'm whiny.  

If I was only thin.  Do you ever think that?  Everything would be oh so much better - if only I was thin.  And of course, I mean, 24-yr-old model thin, not average Jane in shape thin.  Why would being thin make the management of this meeting easier?  It wouldn't.  But - I would be happy/rich/cute/sexy.

Ok, not really - but I think that as women, we torture ourselves with this type of thinking.  I just read Valerie Frankel's book "Thin is the New Happy" and it really made me reflect about all the time I've wasted thinking that I'm not a good person if I'm heavier than I'd like to be or when I was younger. 

Anyway, I'll be posting on and off during the next week or so - I'm hoping that my hundreds...ok, tens of - well.  Ok - my fives of readers are patient.

:) 
Best,
Lulu

And oh yeah?  The earrings from Angie and the ring from Lotta?  So totally rock.

3 comments:

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Lu!! I've been wondering where you were. Glad to know you're still alive and kickin! I'm so happy you like the earrings. Try not to stress too much this week :o)

said...

Thanks - the earrings go with me to the meeting!
Lu

Mom O Matic said...

Aaaah I understand. I think that way too much.