"" Lulu's Sandbar: Vacation is OOOooover.....
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Vacation is OOOooover.....




Whine.  Whine.  winewine.  Whine.

Vacation roadtrip is over, I've said tearful goodbyes to MFT, and it's back to work tomorrow.

Big, fat heavy siiiiigggghhhhhh.  Woe is me, poor me, waa waaa waaaaa - HAVING to go back to work, when many many people would be happy to have a job to whine about in a blog post.

But it just feels like the last night of Christmas break.  Not the last night of summer vacation, because I was always ready to go to school in the fall (new clothes, new boyfriend, football season etc) but the night before Christmas break is over always had the most awful icky feeling.

However - the day is sunny, I'm with my honey, and my blog friends are funny.  Also, we have a baseball game to attend (yum, hot dogs and beer) and I think I hear the ice cream truck outside!

PS.  I know that I promised lots of blog posts and pictures of MFT and I, but I find that I'm reluctant to put it all out there for public viewing.  Our funny moments and our picture moments and our really really great friend moments - there's a reason that we didn't make this an all-friend trip, and it was so we didn't have to care about anyone else except what we wanted to do and drink and eat and discuss and view.  The pictures are funny too.  But I just don't want to share.....I'm sorry!

Here are some pictures of the scenery along the way as a consolation prize....  

And I realize that this is why I'll never reach super-blogger status and will always need to be very creative in my writing to keep  my fives and tens interested....but I just can't divulge all the Lulu secrets.  Maybe someday, when I'm not working at the Huge....

Thanks for hanging with me anyway.  I hope.

8 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I always have to think twice before I post things. Usually my internal filter is overridden though... Keep private what you want. No apologies needed.

Miss Yvonne said...

I know how you feel about going back to work...it's the pits. Every Sunday night I'm all "Ooohhhh...work! No fair!" and then my unemployed husband looks at me pointedly and is all "Yeah, sucks to be you" and then I feel like a total jerk.

Seriously, I do it every single Sunday night.

diane said...

So, what REALLY happened? Did you drop the camera into the toilet?

Joanna Jenkins said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip and the pics are beautiful. And not to worry about not posting more details and pics-- Everyone needs to have a little mystery :-) Glad your home safe and sound.

said...

Diane - how did you know? :)

Lib and Jo - thanks. Privacy is so important when it comes to the benefits/salaried job.....

MissY- (whispering) i do too....

The Flying Pinto said...

I'll take whatever Lulu I can get: ) Love reading your posts!! Happy to hear you had a great vacation...looks beautiful.

I know what you mean about "night before Christmas break is over" for me it was EVERY Sunday when I was in school...how bad is that? That is why I became a Flight Attendant...no Monday blues for me: )

love..love...love your blog!!You're great!

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

Oh Lu looks like it was an awesome vacation!

JV said...

enjoyed the photos and it sounds like a very relaxing trip!