"" Lulu's Sandbar: Sunday Earworms
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Earworms

I saw Jersey Boys last night.  Yeah, I know that I'm like three years past the really cool hipsters who saw this when it first came out on Broadway but hey - I don't live there and I didn't have connections to get tickets anyway because the waiting list was really really long so I had to wait until the show hit the road BUT ANYWAY - it's a seriously good rockin' show for decksters of all ages.  

And thank god - the music from last night finally drove the MJ 'Billy Jean' earworm out of my head and now it's filled with 'Sherri Baby' and 'Walk like a Man.'  

Except last night, I woke up at 4 am with a confused earworm mixture of 'Who loves you when you walk like a Thriller, Billy Baby even though you're not my lover.'

So I'm going to download the cast album from iTunes today.

It's interesting to compare the lives of Michael Jackson and Frankie Valli - they're both filled with talent and sadness and surely, MJ is far better known globally; however, the work ethic and loyalty of Frankie Valli outweighs the weirdness factor of Michael Jackson's life.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

It is such a gorgeous morning, that as soon as I finish blogging and watching "Varsity Blues" on TNT for the 30th time, (good gosh amighty allFriday - because like those chick movies that I have to watch every time they show up, there are some boy movies that I also have to watch when I pick them up while channel cruising.  Like 'Men in Black,' and 'Superbad.') I'm going to hang out on my screen porch with the curtains blowing and the vintage glider rocking, reading and crafting.

And if that makes me sound like Grandma, so be it.  Grandmas can be hip and fun too.

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

w said...

idk jersey boys. and idk varsity blues.

and i won't admit to knowing mj.

and i've totally given up pig bacon. because pigs eat people.

we're not broken up. we just can't eat together.

said...

it's ok. My friendTeri doesn't eat pork anymore either because pigs are friendly and smart.

So we can just drink together.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Jersey Boy is still on my "to see" list. It sounds great.

And "Men in Black"-- the first one, we a hoot.

I wish I still had the vintage glider from our front porch when I was growing up. I can't tell you how many hours I spent on that glider as a kid and how many hours I've spent as an adult wishing I still had it.

ENJOY xo

Green-Eyed Momster said...

If I hear Thriller one more time I might lose my mind. I heard it too many times in the '80s. I don't know the Jersey Boys but I'll Google them!

Happy weekend to you too.

Hugs!!

Insanitykim said...

Man I was looking for earworms, like, Star Trek style...

But maybe if I eat more pigs I'll get one myself.

I have never seen either of those movies, and I am grieving MJ circa 1986.

I have been without good internet for so long I am out of practice...