"" Lulu's Sandbar: Tripping so Lyetly through the Evening
Welcome to my sand bar - trying to push past my boundaries and serve up humorous observations on life...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tripping so Lyetly through the Evening

I remember.  

I remember what colonnos meant, on my blog list.  And not brown nose, like W said.

It means - my colonoscopy, scheduled for tomorrow.  Nothing wrong, just screening.

But ummmm....it's just not fun.  In fact, it's crappy.  HAHAHAHAH.  HAAHAHA.  Haha.

Ha.  ha.  

Yeah, pun intended.  And I know it's a crappy pun.  HAha- there I go again.

Not that medical procedures are supposed to be fun.

But let me tell you - I would take a 10-minute mammogram over the colonnos any day.

(Full disclosure - I was a mammography technologist in a previous life.  Yeah - that woman).

Still - the not eating and the prepping and the drinking of the Halflytely stuff (and there's nothing halfway about it - I'm holding onto my head by the ears, to make sure that doesn't come through too!) and being hungry...and I'm not even to the procedure yet - as far as screening exams go - yeah, the mammogram, in a heartbeat.

So colonnos Part 2 tomorrow...I'm off to the little chamber room.  The little stinky chamber room.

7 comments:

The Flying Pinto said...

Oh man! I guess I shouldn't be complaining about my cold....hahaha...You can do it! It will be over before you know it!!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Good thoughts are coming your way!

I will probably die before ever having a colonoscopy. The thought alone gives me shivers.

Hugs!!

diane said...

This is personal, but f*ck it, here I go: I had a check "there" once years ago, and the doctor was unusually rough and not kind. It was for internal hemorrhoids, which I guess were caused by pushing three kids out of my tiny little body. He made me feel victimized and I reported him to the insurance company. I have never had a check there since, so once in a while, if I've had a big day for example, and I have been on my feet for too long, I bleed a little. I've been terrified to go back for a check. Not that I expect to find anything severe, it's because of the embarrassment that I suffered the first time. And, like 90% of the people who live in Pennsylvania, I have no medical insurance.
So, what I'm saying to you is, good luck with your check-up, and please let me know how it goes.
My e-mail is dyejobslye at hotmail dot com.
Maybe, if your visit isn't too horrifying, I might schedule an appointment of my own.

Joanna Jenkins said...

A necessary evil. Good for you for going! My dad had colon cancer and it was not pretty so I'm going to bug all of you (I'm talking to YOU Momster!) to get yours on a regular basis!!!!

But you're right, the prep sucks :-( Hang in there.
xo

said...

Hi guys - thanks for the support :)
It really was easy! I got there at 8:30 am and we were on our way out the door at 11:00. Everyone was great, and I slept through the whole thing. I've been sleeping on and off all afternoon, still have some abdominal pain but overall - it was so much better than I thought it would be.

FoN said...

Sucks. Good luck tomorrow and here's hoping for a sparkling clean and healthy colon! I should write greeting cards....

w said...

i'm glad you made it thru your colonnos.

i was close.

brown nose. bottom scope.